Purpose of the Learning Hub
The intention of this Hub is to be a horizontal learning community that links academics, policy makers and practitioners working on issues of faith and peace/conflict, within two areas:
- A ‘faith based approach’ to peacebuilding, conflict prevention & conflict resolution and
- multi faith/inter religious co-operation and programming
The scoping study outlined practical actionable recommendations in these areas (for programmes and policy). Members of the Hub hoped to increase effective partnerships/collaboration between members of the Hub (secular and faith based) in conflict situations. The Hub looked at what do we know within these areas, how do we better communicate it and then what do we need to know in terms of gaps (the latter being addressed through further research and learning, with an emphasis on practical application afterwards.
In May 2016, the Peace & Conflict Learning Hub launched their scoping report at a side event at the World Humanitarian Summit.
The Hub Co-Chairs are
- Practitioner Co-Chairs:
- Sarah Pickwick, Senior Conflict Adviser, World Vision
- Lucy V. Salek (Moore), Senior Policy Advisor: Conflict Transformation & Fragile States, Islamic Relief
- Academic Co-Chairs:
- Professor Alpaslan Ozerdem, Co-director of the Centre for Peace and Reconciliation Studies at Coventry University
- Dr Chris Shannahan, Research Fellow, Centre for Peace and Reconciliation Studies at Coventry University